YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW.
Forget the stereotypes. CDMX (Ciudad de México) has become a vibrant, world-class destination with more than 160 museums, a thriving design and art scene, and booming nightlife. It's no wonder that last year the New York Times ranked Mexico City the #1 travel destination in the world.
Unsettled: Mexico City has been designed to be as intimate as the city's tree-lined, neighborhood streets; as warm and hospitable as the friendly locals (known as chilangos); as interesting and ubiquitous as the boutique design scene; and as delicious as un taco de longaniza at 2:00 am.
You'll be living in the lively Roma Norte neighborhood, in our converted 20th century home which doubles as our community hub. With a beautiful rooftop patio and plenty of common area, we will use it to work, host events, and eat....and eat....and eat.
In between work sessions, community workshops, and family-style meals, plan to go deep into the unknown by exploring traditional Mexican culture and experiencing first hand the rituals, beliefs, and traditions of the people who have called this city home for thousands of years.
YOUR COMMUNITY. YOUR EXPERIENCE.
This Unsettled experience is about you. It's about taking an intentional break from your routine, finding new perspective, building new relationships, growing new ideas, and exploring with intention among an incredible backdrop of people and place.
For two weeks, we are going to explore the hidden details, movement, and rhythm of this incredible metropolis- it’s rituals, music, dance, food, history, culture, and, of course, its people. Expect the unexpected.
The Unsettled community brings together creatives, entrepreneurs, and the intellectually curious who seek to replace routine with adventure. You will share this retreat with like-minded peers who hold a wealth of experience far deeper than just their careers, and join our growing community of Unsettled alum spread out over 65 countries around the world.
Learn more about our community...
YOUR CASA & NEIGHBORHOOD
Located in the heart of Mexico City's Roma Norte neighborhood, our housing starts with an 8-bedroom, 20th century family home that has been repurposed into our own private space. The space was remodeled by a local group of our friends - a film producer, an architect, and a custom furniture designer. It's modern, minimalist, and Scandinavian design with shared communal spaces including a terrace, dining room, and courtyard.
- Private rooms in our custom designed home with daily breakfast included.
- More than a dozen immersive experiences, that will include everything from mezcal tastings, street food tours, salsa dancing, and Aztec rituals where you'll explore ancient traditions around concepts of life and death, work and pleasure, and community and individual.
- A truly Mexican-style welcome party, community design sessions, and orientation to this great city.
- Peer-to-peer workshops, themed conversations & discussions, and family-style dinner parties.
- A full-time Unsettled Experience Leader and CDMX resident who facilitates workshops, connects you to the city, and may just lead you into the unknown and back in this vibrant culture.
- Airport pickup & sim card upon arrival.
- Shared workspace & Wifi at accommodations (local coworking space optional).
- Post-trip access to great alumni perks and benefits, including special discounts, alumni trips, and a global community of over 1000 alumni from 65+ countries.
→October 14th - 28th, 2018
→Application Deadline: August 15th, 2018
→ Starts at $2,100 USD
*Couples → 50% off for your partner (assuming you share a bed :)