YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW.
In the farthest west reaches of the Amazon Basin lies Peru's Madre de Dios, or "Mother of God" region. One of the world's most remote and biodiverse regions, here the Andean cloud forest drops thousands of feet into the lowlands to kiss the upper reaches of the Amazon Rainforest. Coming this December, our exploration of the Peruvian Amazon will be our biggest and boldest experiment yet.
Getting there requires that we journey into one of the most inaccessible rainforests in the world. This is not a luxury trip. This is an experience.
We will embark from the remote town of Puerto Maldonado and venture into the Tambopata National Reserve, a pristine and remote corner of the Amazon in southeastern Peru, skirting the borders of both Brazil and Bolivia. Each day will be filled with rich conversations inspired by boat rides deep into the jungle, nature walks, and adventure activities.
Guiding us will be local experts sharing their lifetime of knowledge of the most lively ecosystem on Earth, opening up the intricacies of this biodiverse jungle and what we can learn from nature's systems. For those feeling extra adventurous, other activities include canopy tours, night walks, fishing, visits with local communities and maybe even a local healer who uses the power of regional plants and indigenous rituals to build deeper, more profound relationships between us and this world we inhabit.
December 8th - December 15th, 2018
Unsettled: Amazon is like nothing we've ever experienced at Unsettled. There is no work component. In fact, look forward to be completely disconnected for most, if not the entire, trip. That's the point. Take inspiration from the unparalleled surroundings, your peers, and the vast knowledge that the rainforest and its local experts hold. You will learn. You will grow. You will be challenged. But the only screen you'll see is that of your mosquito net. Sometimes, we need to disconnect to re-connect. That's what this is about.
Unsettled is a community for those who embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. We bring together the intellectually curious who seek to replace routine with adventure, and are looking for a co-created experience diving into the unknown. You will share the adventure of a lifetime in Peru alongside a curated group of peers who hold a wealth of experience far deeper than just their careers, and join a growing community of Unsettled alum spread out over 70 countries around the world.
- Round-trip flights from Lima to Puerto Maldonado (the start of the Amazon.)
- 8 days / 7 nights of lodging in rustic chic lodges along the river, with transportation and local expert guides included throughout the week.
- All breakfasts included, and family-style lunches and dinners included on 4 of 7 days.
- National park & reserves entrance fees.
- English speaking naturalist, taking you on daily treks, canoe trips, and visits to the some of the world's most diverse ecological hotspots.
- Visits to a local community or two that have created a social enterprise model of sustaining their livelihoods in harmony with the forest.
- The Unsettled community, experience and conversations that we curate on each of our journeys into the unknown.
There will be daily additional activities offered at an additional cost to you that range from yoga, to water sports, to piranha fishing and maybe even a shamanic experience for the boldest among us.
→ $2,300 USD
Last Call for December: October 1st
Ready for the adventure of a lifetime?